Monday, March 8, 2010

Highly Unusual

I am a huge Apple (the computer not the fruit, I'm allergic to them) pusher. I don't understand why everyone doesn't chose a Mac. I love my computer like it's a friend. Sometimes I think it's the only one who really understands me. That's not weird. And I'm worried about children connecting with the outside world? Maybe I should take a lesson from myself. YOU learn something from my brother!

Where was I? Oh yeah, if you buy a Mac you can pay a hundred bucks to the Apple store and get 52 weeks of lessons all about your computer. The Apple store guys have helped Lisa and I set up our whole business. They optimized our web site. They helped with all the aspects of starting to build it. They helped us link our calenders. They taught us Pages and those spread sheet things that Lisa does and all sorts of little tricks. I really don't know what we would have done with out them.

The thing is it supposed to be a ONE to ONE. That would imply one trainer, one customer. Lisa and I come as a pair. We're a little side show for anyone that works with us. Our contractor loves us, our flooring guy likes to talk to us, our printer actually calls us "Overbearing" and "Distracted," in a fond and PLAYful manner,  even the township guy loved chatting with us, well, until he didn't give us our way about our sign and Lisa referred to him as "Your Lordship" in an email. Which made me laugh so hard at that Saige walked in my room and asked if I was okay. So far the only one that hasn't taken to us like peanut butter to jelly is our real estate lawyer. I don't like lawyers anymore. I have developed a prejudice against them all now and will hold that grudge for at LEAST 24 hours. After that I'll probably get distracted and forget about it.

Where was I again? Oh yes, so Lisa and I go into our ONE to ONE together. We circle around our question until Lisa finally says to the trainer, "It's like a game. We are going to give you clues as to what we want and you try to guess." It was at that point he said, "Normally people come in alone. This is highly unusual." Which only cracked us up. Of course it is. It's us. So we patted his sweet little Computer geek head and said, "Don't worry, next week we'll get two trainers at the same time, but we're still requesting you."

He was psyched. At least that's what we tell ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment